Nominees announced for 2015 Mike Richter Award
Let’s Play Hockey and the Herb Brooks Foundation announced today the 28 nominees for the 2015 Mike Richter Award, which honors the most outstanding goaltender in NCAA men’s hockey. The second annual award will be presented by Mike Richter at the 2015 NCAA Men’s Frozen Four in Boston.
The nominees combine for a 2.13 goals-against average, a .925 save percentage and a grade-point average of 3.15.
Candidates for the Mike Richter Award were determined by nominations from all 59 NCAA Division I men’s hockey head coaches. The finalists and winner will be selected by a committee of coaches, scouts and members of the media. The five finalists for the 2015 Mike Richter Award will be announced on Wednesday, March 18.
Criteria for the Mike Richter Award:
- Candidates must display outstanding skills on the ice
- Candidates should be in good academic standing at an NCAA college or university
- Consideration should be given to academic achievement and sportsmanship
- Candidates must comply with all NCAA rules; be full-time students at an NCAA college or university; and complete 50 percent or more of
- Consideration should be given to the candidate’s activities in the community
Connor Hellebuyck of UMass Lowell won the inaugural Mike Richter Award.